SAP T-code MB51- Material Document List
This T Code relates to material module (MM) and given material document list
Detailed description of terms given in below window of MB51:
- Material Tab: - We have discussed the same in MB5L T-Code.
- Plant: - We have discussed the same in MB5L T-Code as valuation area.
- Storage location: - Each inventory in SAP is mapped with one storage location. Storage location is based on actual physical inventory location. For example: - If any inventory is lying in FG (finished goods) yard and it is ready for sale so 1800 location is assigned to that inventory.
- Batch: - It is very useful tool to get the complete movements of raw material to finished goods. For Example: - In Steel Pipe manufacturing process Steel plates used as Raw material and converted into finished goods, so each steel plate is given an specific batch and that specific batch gives the complete detail in MB51 from steel plate to finished goods process i.e. Raw material to Finished goods.
- Vendor: - Each vendor in SAP is given a specific vendor code. Say XYZ limited may be given vendor code 100000. So if we want to get the complete detail of the material purchase from specific vendor so we have to insert that code in vendor tab.
- Customer: - Each customer in SAP is given a specific customer code. Say XYZ limited may be given customer code 100000. So if we want to get the complete detail of the material sale to specific customer so we have to insert that code in customer tab.
- Movement Type: - One of the most useful tool in SAP to get the detail of production, sales, purchase, consumption etc. Production detail we can get with 101 movements, sale detail we can get from 641 movement or consumption detail we can get from 261 movement.
- Special stock: - Customer stock, vendor stock, consignment stock is given a special stock indicator in SAP. So to get this type of detail we can use special stock tab.
- Asset & Sub number: - It means vehicles, computer, office equipments or furniture and fixtures etc. Each asset in SAP has its separate asset code. To get the complete detail like date of purchase, vendor code, purchase order number, Goods receipt note, value or quantity we can get the same from MB51 by inserting particular asset code.
- Order: - Order here means production order. It is created on the basis of the nature, size (length, width etc.) of the finished inventory. It gives the complete detail in value and quantity term regarding raw material consumption; scrap generated and finished goods produced for a particular order.
- Valuation type :- We have already discussed the same in MB5L · Purchase order & Item: - Before procurement of any material one purchase order is opened and approved by higher management. So to get the detail of procurement on the basis of purchase order we can use MB51 T-code.
- Cost centre: - We will discuss it separately as WHAT IS COST CENTRE?
- Profit centre: - We will discuss it separately as WHAT IS PROFIT CENTRE?
- GL Account: - We have already discussed the same in MB5L T-code.Goods Receipt (GRN): - As and when inventory is procured and received in store. Store department has to do the MIGO of the same inventory under which an accounting entry is posted where Inventory GL is debit and GR-IR account is credit & that entry will be saved in the SAP with a particular Goods Receipt Number (GRN). So to get the detail on the basis of GRN we can user GRN field in MB51.