Ease of Doing Business – Initiatives taken by MCA
Key features of SPICe+ for Greater Ease of Doing Business
As part of Government of India’s Ease of Doing Business (EODB) initiatives, the Ministry of
Corporate Affairs has deployed a new Web Form christened ‘SPICe+’ (pronounced ‘SPICe Plus’)
replacing the earlier SPICe form.
SPICe+ offers 10 services by 3 Central Govt Ministries & Departments. (Ministry of
Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance)
and One State Govt.(Maharashtra), thereby saving as many procedures, time and cost for
Starting a Business in India and is applicable for all new company incorporations w.e.f 23rd
1. SPICe+ is an integrated Web Form.
2. SPICe+ has two parts viz.: Part A-for Name reservation for new companies and Part B
offering a bouquet of services viz.
(ii) DIN allotment
(iii) Mandatory issue of PAN
(iv) Mandatory issue of TAN
(v) Mandatory issue of EPFO registration
(vi) Mandatory issue of ESIC registration
(vii) Mandatory issue of Profession Tax registration(Maharashtra)
(viii) Mandatory Opening of Bank Account for the Company and (ix)
Allotment of GSTIN (if so applied for)
3. Users may either choose to submit Part-A for reserving a name first and thereafter submit
Part B for incorporation & other services or file Part A and B together at one go for
incorporating a new company and availing the bouquet of services as above.
4. A new and user friendly Dashboard on the Front Office has been created for company
incorporation application (SPICe+ and linked forms as applicable).
5. Incorporation applications (Part B) after name reservation (In Part A) can be submitted as
a seamless process in continuation of Part A of SPICe+. Stakeholders are not required to
even enter the SRN of the approved name as the approved Name is prominently displayed
on the Dashboard and a click on the same will take the user for continuation of the
application through a hyperlink that is available on the SRN/application number in the new
6. Resubmission of applications for company name reservation and/or incorporation shall also
be handled through the application number/Name applied for link on the new dashboard.
A hyperlink is available for the SRN/application number, so as to enable easy resubmission,
7. From 23rd February 2020 onwards, RUN service would be applicable only for ‘change
of name’ of an existing company.
8. The new web form Facilitates On-screen filing and real time data validation for seamless
incorporation of companies.
9. The approved name and related incorporation details as submitted in Part A, would be
automatically Pre-filled in all linked forms also viz., AGILE-PRO, eMoA, eAoA, URC1,
INC-9 (as applicable)
10. For ensuring ease while filing, SPICe+ is structured into various sections.
11. Information once entered can be saved and modified.
12. All Check form and Pre-scrutiny validations (except DSC validation) happens on webform
13. Once the SPICe+ is filled completely with all relevant details, the same would then have
to be converted into pdf format, with just a click of the mouse button, for affixing DSCs.
14. All digitally signed applications can then be uploaded along with the linked forms as per
the existing process.
15. Changes/modifications to SPICe+ (even after generating pdf and affixing DSCs), can also
be done by editing the same web form application which has been saved, generating the
updated pdf affixing DSCs and uploading the same.
16. DSC validation and other validations will happen at Upload Level.
17. Registration for EPFO and ESIC shall be mandatory for all new companies incorporated
w.e.f 23 February 2020 and no EPFO & ESIC registration nos. shall be separately issued
by the respective agencies.
18. Registration for Profession Tax shall also be mandatory for all new companies incorporated
in the State of Maharashtra w.e.f 23rd February 2020.
19. All new companies incorporated through SPICe+ (w.e.f 23rd February 2020) are also
mandatorily required to apply for opening the company’s Bank account through the
AGILE-PRO linked web form.
20. Declaration by all Subscribers and first Directors in INC-9 shall be auto-generated in pdf
format and would have to be submitted only in Electronic form in all cases, except where:
(i) Total number of subscribers and/or directors is greater than 20 and/or (ii) Any
such subscribers and/or directors has neither DIN nor PAN.
Initiatives taken by the Ministry towards Ease of Doing Business (Prior to Year 2020)
• Ministry of Corporate Affairs has provided exemption to private companies through
Companies (Amendment) Act, 2015, wherein the requirement for minimum paid up capital
• Central Registration Centre(CRC) was established by MCA under Section 396 of the
Companies Act, 2013 (Act) vide notification dated 22.01.2016 in an initiative of
Government Process Re-engineering (GPR) for providing speedy incorporation related
services in line with global best practices.
• CRC was established with one clear objective i.e. – Applications for Name reservation and
Incorporation of a company should be processed and completed within D or D+1 days
(D=Date of Payment Confirmation). In the first phase, the CRC processed applications for
name availability through e-form INC-1. In the second phase CRC started processing eforms for incorporation of companies.
• The Ministry of Corporate Affairs launched the Simplified Proforma for Incorporating
Company Electronically (SPICe) e-Form in place of INC-29. Further, the Ministry has also
integrated the MCA21 System with the CBDT for issue of PAN and TAN to a company
incorporated using (SPICe). Stakeholders submit applications for PAN and TAN at the time
of submitting applications for incorporation through SPICe. The PAN/TAN allotted by
Income Tax Department are being affixed on the Certificate of Incorporation of the
company. Stakeholders can apply for DIN (Director Identification Number) through SPICe
up to three directors. This has resulted in reduction in the number of processes and time
taken for Starting a Business in the country.
• After SPICe, MCA launched a new and simplified web based service R.U.N. (Reserve
Unique Name) for reserving a name in place of INC-1. This has also removed the
requirement to use a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) during name reservation. It was
another value addition to Ease of Doing Business in India.
• Further, Ministry of Corporate Affairs has amended the LLP Rules, 2009 through Limited
Liability Partnership (Second Amendment) Rules, 2018 notified on 18.09.2018 and
effective from 02.10.2018. The said amendment has introduced RUN-LLP Form in place
of LLP Form 1 for reserving the name and FiLLiP Form in place of LLP Form 2 for
incorporation, earlier LLP incorporations were done in respective ROCs. Now this process
is made centralized to keep it at par with companies and as a part of Starting a business in
• Ministry vide notification G.S.R. no. 180 (E) dated 06.03.2019 has amended the Rule 38(2)
of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014. With the issue of this notification, zero fee
is to be charged by MCA for all incorporations with authorized capital up to INR 15,
• Declaration to be given in SPICe e-Form itself, in place of Affidavit which was earlier an
• Ministry vide notification G.S.R. no. 275 (E) dated 29.03.2019 has amended the Companies
(Incorporation) Rules, 2014 and inserted Rule 38A to facilitate integration of MCA21
system with registration of EPFO, ESIC, GST at the time of incorporation of companies in
• Name Availability Rules have been simplified by MCA though Companies (Incorporation)
Fifth Amendments Rules, 2019. These amended rules provide ample illustrations to avoid
ambiguity in name reservation. Consequently, name rejection rate has fallen and the time
taken for approval has reduced. This has resulted in speed, greater transparency, uniformity
and eradication of discretion.
• MCA has amended the incorporation rules for section 8 companies vide notification no.
411 (E) dated 07.06.2019, as per which the application for license and incorporation of the
said companies are to be submitted in a single form i.e. SPICe. Earlier such license was
obtained through e-form INC-12 from respective ROCs/RDs which is now merged with
SPICe and is made centralized. This simplified process has reduced the time line for
incorporation of section 8 Companies.
Source – MCA site
Leave A Reply