DNV is Hiring Bachelor’s/Master’s (Accounting, Finance or Business Administration)/CA As Accountant- Record To Report At Pune
Local Unit & Position Description
The Global Centre Finance delivers high quality services to North America, South Asia and Middle East countries related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Record to Report processes. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS Finance Regional Centers, together developing the Global Shared Service Finance function for DNV GL.
We are seeking Record to Report Accountant for the Global Centre GSS Finance based in Pune, India.
R2R Accountant will be reporting to the Team Leader of R2R section. The R2R Accountant will be ensuring general ledger accounting activities are performed on time, accurately and in compliance with corporate guidelines.
To succeed in this role, you are to be a team player, with ability to create an atmosphere of motivation and enthusiasm. You will be playing a key role in delivering the services and standardization, as well as improvements of the R2R processes, supporting respective Team Leader of R2R section. Expectations from the R2R Accountant is to perform tasks independently and to provide guidance & support to other team members.
- Month end closing of legal entities and internal reporting, including year-end reporting in compliance with company accounting policies and the application of IFRS
- Preparation and posting journal entries and accounting corrections/reclassifications to ensure accurate accounting records (including fixed assets)
- Working closely with other units to ensure accruals are accurate and complete
- Dealing with daily accounting matters, cooperating with Regional Center, supporting Team Leader
- Coordination of accounting matters with Regional Legal Entity Accountants
- Supporting (including knowledge sharing) junior team members
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations (including cash at bank)
- Reconciling and confirming intercompany balances within the DNV GL Group
- Completing or supporting preparation of required VAT/GST/TDS filing
- Undertake ad-hoc reporting and analysis requested by Global Center management or Regional Center
- Developing, maintaining and updating Record to Report related process documentation
- Providing internal and external audit support, as required
- Monthly Review call with Finance Controller
- Balance Sheet Review call with stakeholders by building healthy coordination amongst teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, preferably Chartered Accountant or similar certification
- 3-8 years of experience in finance and accounting, knowledge in R2R processes and accounting principles (IFRS is a plus)
- Working knowledge of Fixed Assets accounting, Inter Company, Balance sheet Reconciliations, General Ledger accounting, Closing and Reporting
- Fluent English skills required, written and verbal
- Previous experience in a Shared Services Company/BPO is a plus
- Very good in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Power BI tool, Oracle (is a plus) or any other ERP system
- Demonstrates independent judgement based on procedures and analysis of each case and can support others
- Experienced in setting up and verifying effectiveness of internal controls
- Ability to lead conference calls in international environment
- Capability to support and follow-up on issues – supporting the team
- Experienced in setting up and implementing process improvements, standardization
- Candidate should be flexible with shifts to support various geographies as per business requirement.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Apply at https://tinyurl.com/2asoxygf